Information we collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in the contact form on our website requesting further services or further information on our services. This could be your name, email address, property address and telephone number.
- Personal information that you provide us with when contacting our company via telephone, email or in person. This could be your name, email address, property address and telephone number.
- Details of your visits to our website, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, and other communication data.
- We may collect information about your computer relating to your IP address. This is data that is collected automatically and used to process your request.
Data usage and storage
Any data that you have submitted via our contact page on our website or via your conversation with any member of our team whether it be via telephone, email or in person enables us to assist you with your enquiry and to contact you regarding this. Please see below a summary of how we will use your data.
- If you provide us with your personal data in regards to an enquiry of one of our services, we will hold this data for a period of one year in order to review our annual company performance and any data collected will be stored on our protected and secured cloud based server.
- If your enquiry then leads to an instruction, your personal data will be held for a total period of 15 years in compliance with our insurer’s statute of limitation and for legal reasons. Any data collected is stored on our protected and secured cloud based server for this period and at our secured premises with limited authorised access.
- After the 15 year period expires, your data will then be disposed of securely, in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation.(GDPR)
- The data that we collect from you is processed by staff who work either for TCL Chartered Surveyors Ltd or for one of our service providers, listed below, who we have ensured comply with GDPR.
- Cloud Direct – Provide all our cloud based IT Services.
- AllClients – Provide a platform where all our client data is held securely.
- Hammonds Accountants – Used for all our accountancy needs.
- We will use this data to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, for example in order to fulfil your requests of our services that we provide.
- As we are in the process of becoming a paper free office, most of the documents we send over to clients are via email where possible. We have taken steps to ensure that any document sent over to any client that contains any personal data is fully secured with the necessary security features in place to protect and restrict access from any unauthorised person. All our systems are protected with firewalls and come with antivirus software to ensure the above.
How we protect your information
TCL are committed to safeguarding any personal data information collected via our website and follow strict security procedures to ensure that this data cannot be accessed by any unauthorised person. We ensure our website is protected and secured and that any information collected via this portal is security protected.
We also follow strict internal procedures and protocols in how any personal data is handled within our company.
Cookies: What these are and why we use them.
What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It assists our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website and to keeps a record of information of this.
We use analytic cookies specifically to determine how our users engage with our website. An example of this is to count the number of people visiting our site and how long they remain on our site for. Another example of this would be to view the total number of times a page is viewed and what areas of the website are of most interest to our users. Without these analytics cookies, we would find it difficult to analyse how well our website is performing and to also take any necessary steps to improve its performance.
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. However, if you select this setting, you may be unable to access certain parts of our website. You can also refuse to accept cookies via the pop up message that will be displayed on the website allowing you to do this.
Disclosure of your information
We do not use your personal information for any marketing purposes.
We do not distribute your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or if the law requires us to.
Access to your information and your rights
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with that Act. Any access request made will not be subjected to a fee amount charged in order for us to provide you with any information relating to you that we may hold.
You can exercise the right at any time to request removal of the whole or any parts of your personal data to the extent that we can do this under the law by contacting us using the details set out below.
Black Prince Road
Email us at:
How else to contact us
Email us at:
Call us on:
020 3176 0029
How to complain
We hope that your experience with our company and any of our staff members is always a positive one and that you are happy with how we have handled your personal data however if you feel that you would like to make a complaint then please feel free to contact us via any of the methods detailed above to request a copy of our complaints handling policy or to speak to one of our team members who will be happy to assist.